Capacity planning ensures that an organization has consistent computer capacity to meet performance levels required by users and management.
SQLRx utilizes a proven methodology to provide customers with expected computer behavior based on forecasted growth projections.
Effective capacity planning avoids the risks involved in a capacity crisis:
- Loss of customers and revenue
- Loss of credibility both internally and with customers
- Loss of workforce morale because they cannot complete their work on time
- Loss of new development efforts
SQLRx evaluates the effects of growth, application changes, new application systems and changes in processing on the current system to develop projections.
- Specify objectives for the analysis
- Determine what organizational data is needed:
• Growth predictions
• Peak workload periods
- How business activity is reflected upon the computer system
- Determine which workloads must be isolated to achieve the objectives
- Conduct a Windows Hardware & Software Performance Analysis study
- Build model to be used for projection
- Incorporate "what-if" questions into the models, evaluate results, and produce report
- Once the data has been analyzed, we will review the forecasted results with your team.
This process should be repeated after a few months to determine the accuracy of the workload characterizations and forecasts.